FooD & Agriculture
Agriculture, forestry and land use account for approximately 25% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
Food industry is an early adopter
Following major food safety scandals, stricter food safety standards were made mandatory by law. As a result, food supply chains were among the first to introduce traceability schemes on a large scale. Consumer awareness about the negative impacts of the food and agricultural sector has ever since been particularly high.
However, this sector still faces many challenges. Food companies still have limited visibility in commodities supply chains such as cocoa, palm oil, nuts, and soy which likely to be linked to issues such as child labour or deforestation. Moreover, there is another pressuring issue to be solved: Agriculture, forestry and land use account for approximately 25% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, the agricultural sector has a crucial role to play in meeting the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
While voluntary Fairtrade standards have a long history in the food sector, recent regulations such as the UK Modern Slavery Act and French Vigilance Law make it mandatory for companies to address poor working conditions and human right violations in their supply chains.
Enable Satellite View to see the Endless Greenhouse fields in Southern Spain
sustainabill turns risks into opportunities by helping companies to increase supply chain transparency, identify sustainability issues and measure improvements
- Automated supply chain mapping to trace commodities to the farm
- Efficiently map the supply chain to trace materials to the source
- Visualise the entire supply chain network for all facilities and products involved
- Collect sustainability data from all suppliers and sub-suppliers
- Access CO2 emissions per facility and measure the entire Carbon Footprint for your supply chain
- Manage certifications and audits along the entire supply chain
- Screen risks such as deforestation, e.g. in the area of small-holder-farmers, with geo-analytics
- Access Footprints such as Carbon, Water or Land for your commodities
- Communicate your product story to the end consumer